You are here
Part-time factcheck reporter
AFP is seeking a part-time fact check reporter with strong digital investigation and precise writing skills to join its Kuala Lumpur bureau to report on disinformation in Malaysia, with a focus on TikTok.
- Starting date: ASAP
- Deadline for applications: September 21, 2021.
- Location: Kuala Lumpur
- The role is an exciting opportunity to be a part of AFP's fast-growing fact-checking network, which has seen it take a leading role in the global fight against disinformation.
- The position requires an agile journalist who can easily navigate online disinformation and demonstrate an expertise in digital verification techniques and tools.
- The role also requires an ability to work in a fast-paced multimedia newsroom and meet tight deadlines
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POST
- Candidates must have excellent English and be fluent in Malay, while other regional languages such as Tamil would be an asset.
AFP is a leading global news agency providing fast, comprehensive and verified coverage of the events shaping our world and of the issues affecting our daily lives. Drawing from an unparalleled news gathering network across 151 countries, AFP is also a world leader in digital verification. With 2,400 staff representing 100 different nationalities, AFP covers the world in six languages, with a unique quality of multimedia storytelling spanning video, text, photos and graphics.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com