You are here
The AFP provides 16 major news services, which are verified and broadcast in real time.
Thanks to its international network and editorial expertise, the AFP is able to provide high quality text services to press, audiovisual, mobile and online news professionals.
dispatches per day
1.250 as illustrated articles per day
French, English, Spanish, Arabic, German, Portuguese
Stories delivered in XML format Metadata for optimal integration.
5000 dispatches, 1250 as illustrated articles, per day, 6 majors languages
The AFP’s text services provide everything from breaking news to features, reports, interviews and profiles.
Each and everyday, an average of :
- French: 1.500 stories
- English: 700 stories
- Spanish: 400 stories
- Arabic: 250 stories
- Deutsch: 200 stories
- Portuguese: 150 stories
Coverage which is both regional and international
AFP covers both international and regional news. This is why every text service has its own specific regional identity combining world news and news from the continent and area where it is based.
AFP’s text services regularly publish editorial calendars and memos that enable our customers to plan news coverage. Regional agendas list major events scheduled to take place the following day, week and month. Detailed regional coverage forecasts are also updated and made available several times per day.
AFP’s network is present in 151 countries throughout the world. The Agency has 2,400 employees, of 100 different nationalities who keep constant watch on developments, from a multicultural perspective. The responsiveness of the Agency’s network means that teams can be moved quickly to global hotspots.
AFP’s text products can be used either via access to the complete content of one or more services, or via a category based selection in one or more languages, according to client needs.
AFP’s text services are covered by a global news reporting policy, which also includes the photo, video, graphics and multimedia services.
Thousands of customers all over the world use AFP’s text services on a daily basis to meet their various needs:
- News professionals
- Suppliers and integrators of mobile and multimedia services
- Companies and Institutions
- Public screen network operators
- Available languages: French, English, Spanish, Arabic, German, Portuguese
- Metadata: keywords, IPTC, financial codes. All AFP stories contain themed keywords describing the key news points, along with IPTC tag names. Stories covering listed companies include the company’s stock market value code.
- Availability: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Disseminated: internationally.
- Delivery: satellite, FTP, download site AFP Forum
- Technical formats: NewsML-G2, IIM, NewsML-1.1, ANPA