Vous êtes ici
Sales Director North America
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Full time position
START DATE: as soon as possible
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: May 31st, 2018
BASED: Washington, DC.
REPORTING TO: dual reporting: Regional Director for North America and Deputy Group Sales & Marketing Director
AFP is a global news agency delivering fast, accurate, in depth coverage of the events shaping our world from conflicts to politics, economics, sports, entertainment and the latest breakthroughs in health, science and technology. With 2,400 staff spread across almost every country, AFP covers the world 24 hours a day in six languages. AFP delivers the news in video, text, photos, multimedia and graphics to a wide range of customers including newspapers and magazines, radio and TV channels, web sites and portals, mobile operators, corporate clients as well as public institutions.
We are seeking a Sales Director for North America (Canada, United States). The candidate will be leading a sales team responsible for selling its news production to media companies and other business customers. He/she will be in charge of selling production services and brand content for media and non-media business clients. The candidate must have extensive media contacts at key US media (broadcasters, newspapers…) and must be able to demonstrate a proven sales history.
- Selling news production and bespoke production to media and non-media companies
- Concluding partnerships with creative agencies (indirect sales)
- Helping to build sales strategy and action plans for the sales team in North America
- Identifying commercial opportunities
- Forecasting and delivering revenue growth across the area, in delivering on those forecasts
- Managing pipeline
- Reporting to the sales management team in France and to the regional Director in Washington
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A track record of consistent over-achievement against assigned targets
- Demonstrated success in selling to media companies
- Strong knowledge of the media market in North America
- Working experience with advertising agencies a plus
- Bachelor degree required.
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation and closing skills
- Hunter and positive mentality
- Experience in managing sales teams and in setting ambitious targets
- Highly driven and self-motivated; enthusiasm for learning
- Strong leadership and people skills
- Strong business acumen; polished, and articulate, comfortable selling and presenting to senior level executives
- English native or excellent English level
If you are interested by this position, please send your application (resume + cover letter) at email@example.com