You are here
FACTSTORY documentary about Nigeria awarded in Los Angeles
This 24-minute documentary was co-produced in 2021 by production company FACTSTORY, which is a subsidiary of AFP, Arte/France 24 and with the support of CNC. It was written by Yann Ollivier, Pierre-Olivier François and Moïse Gomis.
NIGERIA: SURVIVING BOKO HARAM
Fatima, 26, was forcibly married to a Boko Haram commander. She did so to prevent her son from being turned into a child soldier by the Islamist sect. But since then, her family has disowned her and called her a "Boko Haram wife". Falmata, 50, saw that Boko Haram put a price on her head simply for being a businesswoman. She barely survived, but lost everything in her hometown of Bama, and does not know how she will feed her five children and three orphaned nephews. As for 70-year-old Mala, he survived a recent massacre of peasants but has not dared to go back to the fields since.
- Duration: 24 minutes
- Airing: May 29 on Arte Reportage and Reporters (France 24)
- Written by Pierre-Olivier François, Moïse Gomis and Yann Ollivier
- Directed by Pierre-Olivier François, Moïse Gomis
- Produced by FACTSTORY, ARTE GEIE, France Médias Monde
- Camera: Fati Abubakar
- Translations: Hamza Suleiman
- Editing: Julia Saccani
- Colour-grading: David Chantoiseau
- Mixing: Régis Diebold