You are here
AFP Partners with Médias en Seine 2020
Once again, AFP is taking part in Médias en Seine, the 1st international festival celebrating the media of tomorrow, organised by Franceinfo and Les Echos. The event will take place in Paris on November 19th, for a third edition which will be 100% virtual in light of the sanitary situation.
More than 150 personalities: journalists, scientists, doctors, public and private, French and international media, authors, philosophers, photographers, producers, directors, intellectuals, artists, start-ups, platforms, regulators… - will share their experience and their ideas for the future surrounding seven key themes, each rich as they are relevant in today’s world:
- Journalism and Knowledge
- Climate / Planet: 10 years to Change
- The American Chock
- Civilising the Internet
- The Golden Age of Audio
- The Global Video Battle
- Sport’s Greatest Match
With participants from AFP:
Pauline Talagrand, Deputy Editor in Chief of Fact Check at Agence France-Presse
10:30 am to 11:30 am – Round table discussion on the topic:
"Fact-checking faced with disinformation"
- Cédric Mathiot for Libération's 'Checknews',
- Jonathan Parienté for Le Monde's 'Décodeurs',
- Samira El Gadir for TF1's "les Vérificateurs de l’info",
- Jerôme Colombain, journalist, specialist in new technologies, Franceinfo - Radio France.
Debate moderated by Estelle Cognacq, Deputy News Director at Franceinfo in charge of certification.
Phil Chetwynd, Global News Director at Agence France-Presse
11:00 am – 11:20 am – Keynote on the theme:
“How a global agency covers the health crisis”
Fabrice Fries, Chairman and CEO of Agence France-Presse
1:10 pm to 1:40 pm – Round table discussion on the topic:
“Editors: which partnership with the GAFA?”
- Philippe Colombet, Group Chief Digital Officer, Bayard Presse,
- Olivier Bomsel, economist, professor at Mines Paris-Tech,
- David Chavern, CEO of the NMA -News Media Alliance,
Debate moderated by Nicolas Madelaine, journalist, Les Echos.