You are here
Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau Sales Manager
AFP is seeking an energetic, multilingual Sales and Marketing Manager to run its Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau markets.
AFP produces world-beating photo, video, text and graphics news content from around the world and licenses it to a wide array of publishers, broadcasters, websites, mobile customers, agencies and corporate clients across the globe.
The Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau Sales Manager will be in charge of maintaining and growing an important existing portfolio of clients and will be responsible for prospecting and generating new business by forging productive relationships across her/his varied sales patches.
The successful candidate must have worked in sales for at least 5 years. Prior experience in the news industry and in content sales and/or media will be a significant advantage.
The candidate selected will generate new news content clients in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau, identify prospects, deepen our penetration into the corporate/non-media content market and also drive sales of bespoke, non-news content that can be produced on demand by our subsidiary, FACTSTORY.
The candidate will be bright, highly-organised, adaptable, tech-savvy, have an easy touch with people, be bubbling with ideas and proficient in Cantonese, Mandarin and English.
The successful candidate will be based in Hong Kong and will report to the Asia-Pacific Sales and Marketing Director and his team. When time allows, s/he will travel to Taiwan and Macau from time to time to see clients and prospects as well as attending (online) networking events, exhibitions and brand-building events.
S/he will be an integral part of a vibrant 18-strong sales and marketing team that covers the whole Asia-Pacific region, from Afghanistan to New Zealand, as well as a member of the global sales team of one of the world’s three major news agencies. S/he will work closely with marketing and lead generation teams in the region.
A competitive salary, commissions and a bonus package will be provided. Salary will depend on experience.
Primary Goals of the role and essential functions
- Oversee full sales process: prospection, preparing decks, pitching, negotiation, sale, delivery setup, after-sales service
- Identify new content licensing and business opportunities in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau
- Maintain and service existing client base
- Identify prospects for FACTSTORY on-demand content
- Maintain clear sales and activity reporting records (CRM) and gather market feedback
Experience and requirements
- 5+ years of key account sales experience
- Solid knowledge of the news media /content licensing business
- Forward strategic thinker/early adaptor of new technologies
- Good at making and developing contacts and relationships
- Excellent executive presence with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Social media-savvy
- Fluency in English, Mandarin and Cantonese
To apply: Send CV and motivating letter to firstname.lastname@example.org