You are here
AFP hiring News producer/video journalist in Montevideo (native English speaker)
AFPTV is hiring an English-language TV news producer/video journalist for a full-time position on our regional desk for Latin America, based in Montevideo.
Starting date: September 2020
Deadline for applications: June 10, 2020
Location: Montevideo Latin America region
Fast-paced and exciting, the job involves producing and editing hard news production - either from VJ on the ground or from LIVE feeds -, features, and lighter stories for web and broadcast clients, working under the supervision of AFPTV’s regional coordinator and AFP's regional chief editors for Latin America.
Sharp writing and narrating skills for short-format video packages are essential to the role, as are excellent shooting skills and a keen eye for the visual.
Candidates should be tech-savvy and proficient in using social media. You must ensure the reliability of news covered and respect for the agency's editorial policy. Candidates should be familiar with the issues involved in handling user generated content and other third-party images. AFP’s guidelines concerning the use of UGC. The job requires a multimedia ethos, working closely with the regional text, photo and graphics departments.
You must ensure the reliability of AFP's news coverage and comply with the agency's editorial policy.
- A minimum two years' experience in producing short-format hard news and news feature packages for web and broadcast
- First-rate social media skills and experience of sourcing UGC · Excellent knowledge and understanding of online video
- Excellent news judgment, knowledge of current events, and a flair for narration
- Native English, excellent French, fluent Spanish. Portuguese a plus
- Strong news-writing skills
- Demonstrable shooting ability with Sony PMW200, EX1, or similar
- Honed non-linear editing skills, preferably on Final Cut Pro/Premiere
- Organisational skills and an eye for detail. Ability to work calmly under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willingness to work anti-social hours, including some weekends
- Field production experience
The Latin America regional desk is located in Montevideo city center. The video team is composed of the editor in chief, the deputy, a production assistant, four broadcast editors and two web editors, and they work in a team of around 50 people, working in three languages, in text, photo, video, graphics and web and mobile.
Montevideo is a quiet medium-sized city on the banks of the Rio de la Plata, with fewer traffic jams and less pollution than other major Latin American cities. Medical care is good.
AFP is a global news agency, delivering fast, accurate and in-depth coverage of the events shaping our world, from wars and conflicts to politics, sports, entertainment and the latest breakthroughs in health, science and technology.
With 2,900 staff and stringers spread across 165 countries, AFP covers the world 24 hours a day in six languages, delivering the news in video, text, photographs, multimedia and graphics.
AFPTV is its fast-growing international television service, delivering a broad range of videos including major breaking news, investigative reports and features. Apply by completing the application form below.
Only short-listed candidates will be informed of financial conditions
Please send your application to Latin America regional direction: