Sport Live Text : all sport live in images and text
Follow sporting events live, via minute by minute commentary by AFP journalists. All of AFP’s richness and expertise in a fun, unique product combining live text and photos.
A unique, original production
Editorial commentary of matches illustrated with live photographs, so you don’t miss anything.
Example of content for a football or rugby match:
• Presentation data sheet
• Team line-ups
• Illustrated, play-by-play live commentary
• AFP photos in real time
• Report and analysis of the match
Advantages of Live Text:
• A multimedia product compatible with all platforms: web, smartphones, tablets
• Illustrated with AFP photos live from the ground
• Expert commentary
Your tailor-made sports platform
Fun, interactive, ready-to-use applications, available in French, English, Spanish, Portuguese and German, in online, tablet and smartphone versions.
Create your own sports platform by choosing AFP editorial products and data.
Text, photo, video and graphics
- Live matches (text and photo)
- Real time news, commentary, statements, bios
- Video: interviews, press conferences, etc.
- Slide shows of current and past competitions, archive photos
- Graphics: circuits, stage maps, competition diagrams
Data and statistics
- Real time results
- Predictions: pre-match and live forecasts, results predictions
- Records, classifications of previous events
Flexible and customisable
Hosted HTML format applications (for online, smartphones and tablets), customizable according to your graphic charter.
A wide range of disciplines and competitions
The major national and international competitions in the main disciplines with infoplum, a company specialised in data entry and analysis via interactive applications that it develops and distributes worldwide. Choose from the top sporting events: football (Champions League, Europa, etc.), Formula 1, tennis (ATP/WTA, Fed Cup, Davis Cup, etc.), rugby (all Rugby League and Rugby Union tournaments), cycling, golf, basketball and many others.
Exhaustive and innovative coverage
AFP’s sports photo coverage is recognised as the most comprehensive, especially during major world sporting events.
The talent of AFP photographers is recognised, and they have won numerous international awards including the British Sports Journalists’ Photo of the Year award in 2012, the Press Photographer’s Photo of the Year award in 2013, three awards at the UK Picture Editors’ Guild Awards in 2012 and five prizes at the 2013 “Sportfolio” in Narbonne.
Sports photography at afp: always ahead of the game
- 650,000 sports photos produced in 2012.
- Between 2005 and 2012, sports production was multiplied by 6.
- Sports production represents 51% of the photos distributed by AFP.
- 2010 Football World Cup: clients received the first photos two minutes after the opening match kick-off.
- Euro 2012: AFP beat its own record by transmitting images from the trophy presentation in only
- 2012 London Olympics: after Usain Bolt’s victory in the 100 metres, 100 pictures were sent to the media in less than 10 minutes.
- Remote editing, used during Euro 2012, made it possible to reduce the time between shooting the image and delivering to clients to just 1 minute 30 seconds.
- During the London Olympics, AFP, a pioneer in the use of underwater robots, placed 12 robotic cameras at the bottoms of the pools, on the stadium roofs and in the ceilings of the gymnasiums in order to get different camera angles.
- At the 100th Tour de France, AFP innovated by equipping its motorcycles with antennae continuously oriented towards the satellite position, enabling photographers to transmit their pictures almost instantaneously during the race. This set-up made it possible to transmit an 8 Mb photo in less than a minute, without interrupting the pursuit of the peloton during the stage.
Sports video: World Sports in HD
AFP’s video teams and their partners provide high definition video coverage of world sports news, with a unique and innovative perspective: competitions (national and international championships, Olympic Games, etc.) as well as behind the scenes coverage (press conferences, interviews, portraits, presentations of international sporting venues).
- In 2012, AFP produced more than 5,000 sports videos
- Production rose further in 2013
- Sports production today represents 12% of total video production
- In 2013, first live video of a previously unannounced event in sports news (PSG press conference on the arrival of David Beckham)
Events and competitions covered:
- Top world events: Olympic Games, Football World Cup, Euro, Confederations Cup, African Cup of Nations
- Football (Champions League, key matches for the Ligue 1 title)
- Other major sports sports: Rugby, Basketball, Handball, Athletics, Judo, Swimming etc.
- Outdoor sports, extreme sports, non-mainstream sports
In 2014, AFP’s video service launched Eurofoot, comprising videos of the most highly anticipated matches of each of the five main European championships: Ligue 1, Premier League, Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A, with training footage and press conferences and pictures of clubs, stadiums and football personalities. This production is available for both television and Internet sites. Websites can also access edited, Internet-ready versions via AFP’s online products.
Since 2008, AFP has produced a special videographics product for the Summer and Winter Olympics. For Sochi 2014 and Rio 2016, AFP will provide a detailed presentation on each discipline featured in the Games.
AFP’s videographics are produced in a video format in the agency’s six languages. AFP videographics have aleady won several prestigious awards, including the Malofiej prize for its presentations of 15 Olympic disciplines.
A unique platform for following the best of European football with Twitter
AFP TweetFoot lets you follow top national European football leagues via Twitter, thanks to hand-selected databases of the most pertinent Twitter accounts for each league. Dynamic and interactive interfaces combine customized timelines with AFP sports data (scores, card, transfers & fixtures) to provide at-a-glance, realtime updates on mattches, teams and players. User can also access AFP’s Twitter-based statistics and rankings for each league. AFP TweetFoot offers a unique, interactive and entertaining experience, even for people who don’t use Twitter or have an account.
• The website : a full-scale Twitter platform for complete coverage of each league, customisable according to your graphic charter
• The widget : a scaled-down, customised tool easy to configure with a simple client-side tool
• Only top-quality, hand-picked Twitter accounts
• Three main categories: Live, Replay & Rankings
• Customized timeless filtered by match or team
• Enriched tweets show profiles & team affiliation
• AFP sports feed integrated: fixtures, scores and live action
• Real-time trends: teams, players, most popular topics on Twitter
• Graphic dataviz shows volume of tweets
The AFP TweetFoot databases
For each European league AFP has selected 1,000 to 1,500 of the most influential Twitter accounts.– players, fans, bloggers, journalists and professionals. AFP databases are compiled using both quantitative and qualitative criteria – no noise, just football.
The selected accounts are enriched with metadata (profiles, team affiliation) ensuring efficient and pertinent content filtering.